1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You won't believe what happened on the golf course today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's a hell of a lot different than playing in a charity event with a guy, seeing how his son reacted, etc. If the guy was a dedicated golfer, I'm sure he would indeed have wanted it to continue but such a thing does give one cause for pause.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

BB said the guy was in the group ahead. They weren't golfing together.

No doubt it gives one pause and, as BB said, the rest of the round might have been a bit uninspired, but I wouldn't have ended it early.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

BB, don't be worried that you were more affected by the son's reaction. If a contract was available that said, "You'll make it to 75, you'll die on the golf course, you'll be playing a round with your kid(s)", I know more than one middle-aged man whose only reaction would be "Where do I sign?"

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If I ever die on the golf course, I'd like you to play through and have a good time.

Wait a minute ... check that, get your ass to the clubhouse and mourn my ass, you bastards.

I like scotch.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fix a ball mark on my head. Otherwise, play on.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted