1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Won't Believe What Happened in Orlando Next ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are there not warning signs about alligators on the property?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just stayed there with my family in February and, no, there are none.

His parents were right there. Dad tried to wrestle the boy from the alligator but the gator won. But if it makes you feel better about yourself to blame the parents, go ahead.

3. bigpern23

Not that I saw, no, and we walked along that beach all the way over to the Polynesian Resort.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I'm a short timer but I've already learned that it's an important hallmark of SJ to try
    and establish blame ASAP.

sgreenwell and bigpern23 like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bumgarner would've killed the gator and pulled the kid out.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

As I said on the other Orlando thread, I heard the family is from Nebraska and I wonder if being on Disney property gave them a false sense of safety.

The times I've visited Florida, I wouldn't jump in a swimming pool without going a gator check first - even in Key West.

7. bigpern23

I'd be stunned if that wasn't the case. I certainly never gave gators a second thought while we were there and, as I noted above, I never noticed any warning signs about them. I guess I thought of them living more in the Everglades than in Disney, but after this, it seems so obvious.

8. Inky_Wretch

A few years ago, a friend got married in Winter Park. We went fishing on the chain of lakes there and saw a lot of gators. It was odd to be standing on the fishing deck of a bass boat, looking at an alligator swimming past a mansion that was owned by Mr. Rogers.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Sorry, guys. It was me.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did the zoo mom take a vacation in florida?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready for all the keyboard warrior parents to talk about they would have wrestled the gator in a deathmatch to snatch the baby.

YankeeFan and Stoney like this.
  12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Florida official said around 6:30 this morning four alligators had been euthanized and there was no evidence one of those four was the one that grabbed the child. He didn't explain what evidence they were looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.