1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think *you're* paying a lot for gas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Public transportation, people, look into it.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's doubtful. If he read the newspapers, he'd start to know that every day he's becoming more despised by more people and nations.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You mean like the future of Mother Earth? Pollution is murder. MURDER!!!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dad just told him supermarkets have price scanners. Both are amazed.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hell man. Hawaii has always been the most expensive state for gas. Since it's $3.20 in most of the sun belt, then that's only an 80-cent difference.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Some of us live in the Intermountain West, where public transit (which I like using, by the way), is unfortunately virtually non-existent.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's no reason diesel should be 80 cents higher than gas. It's a fricking waste byproduct of the refining process. I know a lot of states tax the hell out of diesel to get payback from truckers for tearing up their roads with their rigs. But c'mon.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Believe me, Claws, I'm all for it. I absolutely love the systems of NYC, Paris and London. But in my big city, and many others I'm sure, the only public trans is a supremely crappy bus line only convenient to those who work 20 hours a week.

In several places I've lived there's been a visionary calling for a monorail or high-speed train or whatever, but it's tough to imagine it 40 years down the road at a price tag of 60 gazillion dollars. But maybe it's time we got started on those for our grandkids.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Screw our grandkids, I just want to be able to afford to drive without having to be a male member of the Emporer's Club.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

One word: Costco. I paid $3.03 the other day.

You'll make up the $50 membership fee in no time.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet the lefties always tell you that the high price of gas is mostly Bush's fault.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I live 15 minutes from my office and I might soon be moving 5 minutes away to cut down my driving.

Draft saved Draft deleted