1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You may have meant to search for bleeds--i.e. Drew Bledsoe retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 12, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And I'm still waiting to see you actually contribute something in one of your posts. What are you doing on a thread that has nothing to do with teenagers having sex, anyway?

2. I thought there'd be stuff about Bledsoe. I was wrong.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I hear Bledsoe's name, I always think of one of the ESPN commercial for their football shows. Berman is teaching a college class and he asks a student what Bledsoe's nickname is. The student thinks and responds "Drew bled so much that he needed a transfusion". Then Berman (or another student) says that it is a trick question and that he doesn't have a nickname.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You should be used to that by now. :)

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Would you have been happier if I mentioned Drew likes to drool over teenaged girls on the Internet?

6. I clicked on this, still thinking there'd be info about Drew Bledsoe.

Still wrong.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Plunkett, yes - he was just a mad bomber - but Vinny T? I'd put them about the same.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bledsoe actually took a bad team (thanks in large part to Parcells) to the Super Bowl. Testeverde really just floundered in Tampa Bay.

Vinny's penchant for interceptions -- be it a result of his colorblindness or languishing on bad teams -- also puts him a notch below Bledsoe.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The info is in the headline.

But just for you:

DREW BLEDSOE
    Born: 2/14/72
    College: Washington Stae
    Drafted: 1st overall by New England, 1993
    Other career transactions: Traded to Bills following 2002 season, signed by Cowboys prior to 2004 season
    Passing yards: 44,611
    Touchdowns: 251
    Interceptions: 206
    Career passing rating: 77.1
    Number of life-threatening injuries: 1

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You can thank Mr. Mo Lewis for keeping Belichick's head coaching career afloat.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, Bledsoe. More durable for one; he played 70 more games.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Vinny had intangibles, too, though. Brought younger quarterbacks along. Good locker room influence. Played a shitton of games.

Bledsoe had a little more talent and success, probably, yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted