1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know its mid-February when...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by statrat, Feb 14, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

...Nascar is dominating the coverage on ESPN. I know this is what the WWL does everytime it acquires the broadcast rights to a sport, but good lord, talk about overkill. Guys driving cars around in circles do not merit this wall-to-wall coverage. Can't wait to see what they do with Arena Football.
  2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Guys driving cars around in circles beats guys driving cars in straight lines.
  3. statrat

statrat Member

In retrospect I also suppose it's beats out the dog show, which ESPN gave an inordinate out of coverage to. Spring training can't come soon enough. Sigh.
  4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Damnit ESPN! You're taking out ATH and PTI this week so you can focus more on....NASCAR!!!
  5. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

Well, one out of two isn't bad. They could cancel Around the Horn and that would be fine with me.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not real happy with PTI being pre-empted for NASCAR Now. I understand it's ESPN's new toy and all, but, damn.

Honestly, this is my favorite time of the year though. I love, love, love the final few weeks of regular-season conference basketball action.
  7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The dog show is getting major coverage.
  8. tommyp

tommyp Member

...New York City shuts down after a two-inch snowfall.
  9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Fox Sports Radio has spent almost the entire night on Tim Hardaway's comments, as stupid as they were.
  10. nafselon

nafselon Active Member

I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the Dog Show. God mid-February sucks for sports. Even the college basketball matchups haven't been as good as they normally are (save for Texas Tech-A&M & UNC-Va. Tech)
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

. . . the jewelry chains are trying to make you feel ashamed for not going into thousands of dollars of debt to get a flashy rock for your girlfriend/wife/shack-up/whatever.
  12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... my mega-order of Thin Mints and Samoas arrives.
Draft saved Draft deleted