1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know its mid-February when...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by statrat, Feb 14, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

...Nascar is dominating the coverage on ESPN. I know this is what the WWL does everytime it acquires the broadcast rights to a sport, but good lord, talk about overkill. Guys driving cars around in circles do not merit this wall-to-wall coverage. Can't wait to see what they do with Arena Football.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Guys driving cars around in circles beats guys driving cars in straight lines.

3. statrat

statrat Member

In retrospect I also suppose it's beats out the dog show, which ESPN gave an inordinate out of coverage to. Spring training can't come soon enough. Sigh.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Damnit ESPN! You're taking out ATH and PTI this week so you can focus more on....NASCAR!!!

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Well, one out of two isn't bad. They could cancel Around the Horn and that would be fine with me.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not real happy with PTI being pre-empted for NASCAR Now. I understand it's ESPN's new toy and all, but, damn.

Honestly, this is my favorite time of the year though. I love, love, love the final few weeks of regular-season conference basketball action.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The dog show is getting major coverage.

8. tommyp

tommyp Member

...New York City shuts down after a two-inch snowfall.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Fox Sports Radio has spent almost the entire night on Tim Hardaway's comments, as stupid as they were.

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it but I enjoyed the Dog Show. God mid-February sucks for sports. Even the college basketball matchups haven't been as good as they normally are (save for Texas Tech-A&M & UNC-Va. Tech)

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

. . . the jewelry chains are trying to make you feel ashamed for not going into thousands of dollars of debt to get a flashy rock for your girlfriend/wife/shack-up/whatever.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... my mega-order of Thin Mints and Samoas arrives.

Draft saved Draft deleted