1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You have three blue-sky days...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Oct 25, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Niagra Falls

Kauffman Stadium

Key West, Florida on mopeds

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Start in NYC, get on 95, stop in DC, go to Miami.

Party all along the way.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Float the Missouri River. In August. In a 7-foot rubber raft.

It sure as fuck seemed like three days.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Day 1 - Lounge during a Thursday in late September in a pool in Palm Springs, California, drinking a Cadillac margarita with not a care in the world while enjoying being alive.

Day 2 - Northern New England (read: Maine), watch the foliage on the trees turn and and enjoy the brisk autumn air tingle your lungs while you go for a 13-mile run.

Day 3 - Go to Miami for a Saturday (never been), drink enough to not have a care in the world what you do, but have enough sense to remember the woman's name beside you when you wake up.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Larry David's house for an all-night poker game.

Fishing in northern Vermont with Amanda Heard.

Yankee Stadium for Game 7 of the World Series against the Dodgers.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Thanks everybody. This thread has given me a serious hard-on.

Plus, I've just come back from seeing Into the Wild, which is supposed to make me scared of heading out alone, but the way Leaving Las Vegas made me want to go to Nevada with a suitcase full of liquor and die in the arms of a whore, I've come home with some serious running in my blood.

My wife and child are upstairs asleep, no idea that I'm thinking of hauling south to parts unknown.

Keep it coming, folks. So far, the winner's Dedo. Sounds like the best day ever.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Floating around a boat in the Keys.

Maybe sailing from Key West to Cuba, or at least near their waters.

Boat down the Mississippi River and stop at a bunch of ports, from Minnesota to New Orleans?

8. Fly to Little Diomede Island in Alaska, just this side of the International Date Line, just across from Big Diomede Island, in Russia.

That would be a mindfuck.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Two chicks at the same time.

In Gary, Indiana.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Day One: Go fishing with my grandpa on a lake near here. Haven't done that since before he died in 1998.

Day Two: Take my grandpa to Yankee Stadium, even though he wasn't a Yankees fan. That was always one of his dreams, to see the Stadium before he died.

Day Three: Go fishing again.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Dedo put together a pretty good list. In Austin, I would stay at the Hotel San Jose on Congress, walk across the street to the Continental Club for some great live music and go a few doors down to Amy's Ice Cream. It's yum-bo-rama. And of course, a bar crawl on 6th street (the women there are just breathtakingly hot and often intoxicated).

That aside, I'd love to spend time in Marfa, just west of El Paso. The minimalist artist Donald Judd made that part of the country his playground.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Making me glad I haven't posted on it. I don't want my words to be any party to that.

DAMN (slapping forehead)

Draft saved Draft deleted