1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You gonna eat that? No, probably not.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Apparently if you let things sit on your DVR too long, they don't get watched.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/01/if-you-wait-more-than-a-week-to-watch-tv-shows-on-your-dvr-youre-part-of-the-1/

2. NDJournalist

I watch a lot of stuff (reality shows, mainly) that I DVR that I can't see while I'm at work. The problem is when I have my DVR set to record a bunch of sitcoms and I, invariably, never catch up on and just give up trying.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do you watch that one about the guy who keeps dying and coming back to life, only in every new incarnation he's even dumber than in the last one?

It's hilarious.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Most of what has been sitting on my DVR for a long time is movies. If they don't get watched now, they'll get watched eventually on a day where I have nothing to do.

5. NDJournalist

I thought so, too, Wenders. But there are still months-old movies there.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Silly me. I thought Wenders was talking about HER habits. Not yours. Weird.

I'm part of the 1 percent. Most of the weekly stuff I watch I watch within that week. But stuff that airs daily, I'll generally wait until it piles up then just go on a binge one weekend.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A lot of shows I let sit until I have three or four in a row to watch - especially the more serialized shows - burned through three Walking Dead over the weekend, it made it seem like more stuff actually happened.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I let so many Boardwalk Empires build up in my DVR that I just gave up. It just wasn't appointment TV, and then when there were 10 hours I had to watch, "screw it."

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

BE is good stuff. Watched all three seasons during my free HBO period. Currently binging on Downton Abbey and Homeland Season 2.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I time-shift watch almost everything. My wife and I watch shows together on nights I'm off (like HIMYM, and Walking Dead) and since I work at night, I DVR a lot of prime-time TV plus sports stuff (PTI, live games I know I can't watch while at work, etc.)
    I am a part of the 1% as well...until this weekend, I had 12 episodes of Craig Ferguson on my DVR...got it down to 4 now.
    I still have lots of "end of the world" stuff to go through that was airing on History and whatnot as the Mayan calendar was ticking down.
    Also, lots of movies and historical shows as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted