1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You decide.... and I'm gonna take your advice...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Whitlock- you should now change your name to "Scoop's bitch"

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Good call, although I'm sure it must have been tempting.

But you would have had to be 10000% sure you could hold it together when Scoop opened his damn mouth. You would have had to let him speak his piece, too, which might have made you lose it.

SAS needs ratings, and a host who needs ratings is never above pumping things up. Pretty good chance things get silly,. thus defeating the purpose of the whole exercise, because you know what the reaction from some quarters would be. ::)

If you feel that way about SAS, then you must respect his opinion on this issue. Better he have a go at it, because it's his show and he can control the discourse as he sees fit.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm kind of late, but my two thoughts... Sure, I'd love to see you take on someone who is talking of school. Wish more people did that more often. But putting myself in your shoes, you don't need it. This is a lousy forum. Rather than bitch-slapping a guy you think needs it, you are going to get Jerry Springerized by the whole thing. How does it benefit you? It benefits SAS, it benefits Scoop Jackson, who doesn't belong on the same stage as you, and makes you look like a circus performer who performs on command. And you're not. Don't touch it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You couldn't have done the old Nightline trick of seperate interviews?

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Why did I read that and suddenly think of Al Campanis?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because you saw the episode of "Nightline" and wondered if you were really hearing that answer correctly.

At least that's what I was doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted