1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You cannot be serious?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Sacamano, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Yeah, blaming Rhoden is sort of like shooting the messenger in this instance. Lee, Rock and Sharpton are letting either personal friendship or loyalty to "their own" (I really hope it's the former) cloud their vision.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Completely pointless column. Great, some famous people still support Thomas. Who the fuck cares?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Boom, Rhoden is not just the messenger on this one.
    It's a pointless column, and he let race cloud his judgment once again.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If this column were written in the modern day retelling of a Job-like person wandering New York in search someone who supports Isiah, it could have been interesting. If it were written as a parody or as sarcasm or as an attempt to place sports in perspective, it may have been illuminating. But Rhoden, who lacks any style, latches on to one of the most contemptible humans in New York, Al "The Reverend Liar" Sharpton, to express support for one of the only other New Yorkers on par with Sharpton's sleazy amoral existence, Isiah Thomas.

This column lays there, like a bit of undigested beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of old cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. It has the odor of a bad lobster in a dank cellar.

5. Dickens wrote that last part better.

6. heyabbott

DUH!

There are some works that need no attribution

7. To you and me, who are sad souls who have the Christmas Carol memorized. But to the rest of these heathen?

8. heyabbott

Fuck'm with a sprig of holly

9. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Writing about people that still support Isiah is like writing about people that maintain the Earth is flat. A waste of time.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Why so serious? ;D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given the level of your obsession, I really do hope you bring a change of shorts when you finally get to see the movie. Though I must admit, I would have probably spent my time better watching the trailer again than reading Rhoden's column.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I shall, but I'm just having too much fun with this right now. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted