1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Are Awful Purdy Mr. Martinez. . . UIC Hoops Coach Charged With Harassment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Just_An_SID, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Wow. . . this is weird.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/cs-0701190151jan19,1,1654528.story?coll=cs-college-print

Luis Martinez, 20, alleges assistant coach Lynn Mitchem touched him improperly on Dec. 19 after a game at Mississippi.

The men were in a locker room, Mitchem wearing only underwear, when he walked behind Martinez and put a hand on the player's left breast, the suit says.

The document alleges Mitchem said: "Can I see that sexy body of yours. Can I do something with your body later on tonight."

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I may be wrong, but my first guess is that the coach was being a smart-ass idiot. My guess is that he wasn't really hitting on his player, but he took homo-erotic male joking around too far for someone's comfort.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Uhh...why was the assistant coach in his underwear?

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You don't joke like that, especially in a locker room, and damn sure especially not when both males are less-than-fully clothed.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And their nickname is ... ;D

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

[​IMG]

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Re: You Are Awful Purdy Mr. Martinez. . . UIC Hoops Coach Charged With Harassmen

That logo needs to be just a little bit bigger.

I agree. Doing something like that while in your underwear and in a lockerroom goes against just about every man law there is.

It is just creepy.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

and now that I'm seeing spots...

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know me Marge. I like my beer cold, my music loud and my homosexuals FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMING!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted