1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another reason to keep your kids off myspace

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Who Knows, May 11, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yeah, I can't believe how many high school freshman that are 18 ...  ::)

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The story said the guy really thought she was 18. And I don't think it said anywhere in the article that he knew she was in high school.

3. trounced

trounced Active Member

You are an adult. She is a child.

4. KYSportsWriter

Look, her parents know me and I've known the family all my life. That's IT. Nothing more, nothing less.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

trounced is going to break out censures from the Book of Nahum any minute now.

6. trounced

trounced Active Member

So you think it's normal for a 20-year-old male to have a close friendship with a 15-year-old girl?

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My two 15-yr-old cousins have myspace accounts. One is pretty normal, nice pics, tons of surveys. The other says she's 17, loves boys and has tons of 'interesting' pics. She and I have had a chat. The nice thing about being a 20-something relative is I am young enough to know what goes on but old enough to be an adult when the parents are too clueless.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I am simply floored by how fast kiddos are. (with or without MySpace.) High schoolers nowadays need more cousins like you. ;D

9. KYSportsWriter

I never said it was a "close" friendship with the girl. But I can see this is a battle I'll never win. If you don't like the fact that I'm friends with someone who's 15, then so be it. You don't know me.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No, I think it's kinda weird, but here's the thing, trounced: some people believe in letting other people do whatever the fuck they want to do, and not standing in judgment of them at every turn.

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Care to rephrase?  ;)

12. KYSportsWriter

Same with my sister, who's 14 and will turn 15 in July. Since I added her on my MySpace, she's gotten tons of friend requests from some guys that are my age and older. Some of those guys I know and consider my friends. My sister told me one of my so-called friends sent her a message saying he'd like to meet up with her sometime and "get to know each other." I told her to block the guy and never to talk to him again, and thankfully she hasn't.

My dad knows she has a MySpace, but doesn't know what she has on her site. But at least she knows not to put anything too revealing on it.

Thanks LJB.

Draft saved Draft deleted