1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another online putt-putt game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Here's probably the toughest miniputt game online.

http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=17857

If you can get over the ridiculous LifeSavers advertising, it's quite fun. If you've never played this before, good luck shooting under 100 on your first try.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That one annoys the fuck outta me.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Second time around I shot a 41 with aces on holes No. 8 and 16. I was cruising with a 9-under 33 until bogeying the 18th hole.

4. HandsomeHarley

Me, too. Last time I got that pissed at a video game was when the little Dig Dug would stick at the supermarket back in the day.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I used to play the old version at least once a day while waiting for prep coaches to return my phone calls. Some nights, I'd get back to the office from a game and play a round before writing my story, just to avoid over-thinking on a gamer.

You can attempt to call bullshit, but my record score was 21. It's not hard once you figure out where to deflect the ball and how hard to hit it.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

After shooting something like a 19 on two practice holes, I went for the real thing. I shot a 35 through the first six or seven holes, then the battery drained on my laptop. I don't have the patience to give that game another shot. It would have been a miracle for me to either keep it under 100 and/or not throw my laptop out of frustration.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe 21. The only reason I shot 26 and a consistent 28-29 was because I played the game so many times. It becomes second nature, almost like the old Fuji Golf for Windows 95.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Every hole the the course can be made in one shot. When I shot 21, I started with 13 straight holes in one.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Did you start to sweat, knowing you were chasing history? Did your friends, family and co-workers move to the other side of the room?

10. HandsomeHarley

And did the play-by-play announcer begin announcing in a hushed tone? :D

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Like no one knows that's going on. Please.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

one round to try it out, 41

Second round, 31, with aces on 2, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 15 and 18.

Draft saved Draft deleted