1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another iPod/iTunes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The wife got me a 160 gig iPod for Christmas to replace the smaller one I had. Yesterday I was uploading CDs to iTunes when I got a message on my computer saying that the C drive was almost full. Sure enough, the music I was putting on was clogging up the hard drive.

So today I went to Best Buy and bought an external hard drive for my music files. Just finished moving it all over but when I opened iTunes, it comes up blank, indicating nothing is there. Obviously the iTunes program is looking for the files where they used to be. I'm no techie so I appeal to fellow music freaks here: Is there a way in iTunes that I can get that program to recognize a new home for the files? Am I fucked?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks, tried it, still not seeing anything. Am I missing something there? Maybe when I'm looking for the exact file?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Try here...

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

1. Mount the hard drive in Windows.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. Find the icon for the top of your music directory on the external drive.
    4. Drag the icon into the blank iTunes library window.
    5. There is no step 5.

Draft saved Draft deleted