1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another Hot Stove thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Jan 27, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Zeke has no idea why he just burned all his Saved By The Bell DVDs.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I should beat his ass like Slater beat Valley in the big game for that comment, shouldn't I?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

OK, Mets fanboy loosers young and bitterly old, what do y'all know about RHP Ryan Meyers and OF Corey Coles? They were traded for (my man) Angel Pagan last month, since, ya know, they HAVE to let Pie play every day at some point.

I'm not expecting the scouting report to sound much better than "Has two arms, all 10 fingers and usually throws mid-80s, right-handed pitches generally near the strike zone" ... or, for Coles, "Great club house guy, limited upside."

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Zit-Off game, where the Bayside players' faces were red because of the cream burn so the Valley players were scared and Slater scored the only touchdown in a 7-0 win? Or the game after the Student-Teacher for a Week when the football players took advantage of Kelly's friendship and had to take a make-up test during the first half, and then when they passed, Slater led the Tigers to a 28-21 come-from-behind win?

There's a difference, Zeke.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Meyers didn't too read well in the low levels -- a 4.36 ERA in 104 games and 237 1-3 innings. Coles shot through the system last season, doing very well in A, pretty well at AA and decently in nine games at AAA. He's a left-handed outfielder with some speed. My guess is Meyers won't make the big leagues, and Coles won't be anywhere near as good as Pagan.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm sure you will re-post this when Santana blows out his arm in years 2 or 3 of his Mets deal....

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Uh oh...here we go again...

Edit: I believe this is the current thread for the salary argument.
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1640900/

Draft saved Draft deleted