1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet Another Brett Favre Comeback Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Aug 17, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

According to Jay Glazer, Vikings players are saying it's no longer a matter of if Favre will join the Vikings, but rather when he will join the team.

Please, make it stop.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922912/The-vibe-at-Vikings-camp:-Favre-could-come-back

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. derwood

derwood Active Member

double post.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/72364/

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd say that thread's non-explanatory title absolves Kevin of blame for this db.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

My God.

Are you kidding me?

Is Jay Glazer just trying to torture us?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

No, Brett Favre is.

I hope he comes back and breaks his fucking leg on the first play.
    Maybe then he'll go the fuck away and never comeback.

Brett Favre is now the biggest douchebag in all of sports.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Goodell needs to suspend the fucker for five years.

Put an end to it.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I believed this would happen, even the day that BF said, essentially, that he doesn't want to go to training camp and would rather have his first day on the job be the Friday before Week 5.

You can even pull this off in baseball, as a starting pitcher, as those guys are independent contractors.

Not sure about the NFL. It's a league where contracts are not guaranteed and chemistry is often built in training camp through the "mutual misery" of going through it.

The Vikings will have a split locker room if they do this. Sure, their QB position may catch an upgrade but, at what cost? The factor here is that Childress needs an NFC title to keep his job so he has absolutely nothing to lose.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Why, exactly? What great crime has Favre committed that would warrant a suspension, please tell? Why, he has the audacity to be a decent NFL quarterback who is available as a free agent. Off with his head!

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Doesn't flouting the "retirement" thing twice count?

RB

11. I look forward to revisiting this thread when rumors resurface after Week 1. After Week 2. During the Bye week...so on.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. And that quote from Mrs. Lono you have seems to fit, too.

"I'm Southern. Hemingway isn't our role model, Faulkner is. Nothing ends neatly."

I would add a line, though. "And most of the time, nobody can understand what the heck is going on anyway." (Sorry. Having flashbacks to that class I took on Faulkner.)

Draft saved Draft deleted