1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet again, The Fitchburg (Mass.) Sentinel & Enterprise needs a sportswriter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Sep 22, 2007.

1. earlyentry

earlyentry Member

Bump. This one's open again.

2. I would love to hear from someone who has worked here to find out exactly why this is a revolving door position.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

1. Pay is low.
    2. ME is meddlesome, so I hear.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, stop insulting my college roommate!
    Seriously, I work with one of his predecessors, and the stories I hear about him do not shock me a bit. Ladies, you might want to keep your guard up.

5. I figured the pay is low, but obviously there is always more to it.

6. I have it on good authority that this job (and others at the paper) often get posted while they're still filled as some sort of bullshit "motivational" tool to the writer. And not necessarily because the person involved is slacking off.

7. Now that's a great motivational tool. They'll have people lining up at the door for this gig.

8. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

From what I hear, the managing editor is the one who posts these jobs, and he's a psycho.

9. I've worked with a few psychos in lifetime. Great way to reduce your life span.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Must've been done again, since they had their monthly posting up there.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

One of these days, someone is going to have to explain how job posting like these engenders a writer's/desker's loyalty to a paper.

12. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

You can write for free too...

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com//ci_7897128?IADID=Search-www.sentinelandenterprise.com-www.sentinelandenterprise.com

Draft saved Draft deleted