1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, no double standard here...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, May 28, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who said anything about Australian Law -- these hotels are trying to find good arguments and why not go to a lawyer who has already had success.

And I'd never boycott anything because unlike you I believe businessmen should have the right to service who ever they want to and let the laws of supply and demand -- not over-reaching government regulation -- even the playing field.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Because a lawyer licensed in Australia probably isn't licensed to practice law here in the states.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not only that, but all his arguments will run backwards.

4. An Australian hotel won a case under Australian law, none of which is relevant here, what are you babbling about?
    And the "overreaching government regulation" to which you refer is something a lot of people died for so you could play with your JC Watts Starter kit. You're not ever trying hard with this one.

5. zagoshe

J.C. Watts -- I hate the Sooners.

6. zagoshe

Are you actually saying that none of the arguments used in one case could translate into another case in another country? I think that would depend on how similar the laws are, don't you?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in New Zealand, Parliament passed a law banning ALL Australians from their country.

"It seemed like the sensible thing to do", said Prime Minister Helen Clark. "They bring their potty mouths over here, get drunk, beat up the locals and piss all over the sidewalk. Everyone of those blokes is a reminder that Australia really is just a jail".

8. Arguments can "translate" however they want.
    Until someone tries it, this is just hocking loogies.

9. zagoshe

Brace yourself -- it is coming. And you know it. Some San Fran hotel will attempt to do the same thing, and I'm guessing sooner rather than later.

And I'll say it again, when that happens, I'll pull up a seat and buy some popcorn to enjoy the tap dancing that goes on it does happen and the lefties try to rationalize why it is different than if a hotel wanted to exclude homosexuals.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Until that happens, zag, why don't you take some prozac and relax?

It isn't that bad, really.

11. zagoshe

Once again, the ultimate approval-seeker is trying so hard to be loved....

Please, Fenian do us a favor and tell Zeke how cool and smart he is so he can go whack off somewhere and leave the rest of us.......

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If you're going to be realistic about it, don't say a San Franciscan hotel will try to do it.

Aim more for for a Bible Belt State.

Draft saved Draft deleted