1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yearbooks botched

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, May 18, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's a non-story. Some idiot yearbook publisher fucked up. Whoopee-doo. I cannot believe this is a top story on all the Internet news sites. You can talk about it all you want, that's fine, people like me talk about stupider things on this board; I am commenting on the fact that it is moronic for this to be on the front page of Yahoo and CNN.com and to hit newspapers nationally. It's an absolute waste of space for any newspaper to print this story unless that newspaper is in Texas (or Minnesota, where the idiot yearbook publisher is located).

If all of the USA between NYC and LA can be flyover country to half this board, McKinney can be Shithole High to me and the 99% of people who never heard of it. Maybe since the town's full of rich mommys and daddys they cried enough to their journalist friends about the yearbook fuckup to get this story some national pub.

As for those who say if you don't like a thread don't read it -- well, if you don't like my comments, don't read them!!! :)

P.S. I never said I don't like the thread, just that the story going national is moronic.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My senior yearbook had a picture of my friend clearing a hurdle during a track meet with her beaver exposed. That is all.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

TTIUWO a link!!!

And I do think this is a story, if for no other reason than the novelty and WTF aspect. Think about it from a reader perspective. What stories get read? It's the "Hey Martha" stories. The ones that make one spouse turn to another over breakfast and say, "Check out this story."

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the picture shown is an example, I wonder if the worker was trying to classy up some chick who wore a t-shirt in a school photo.

I can understand that heads the same size request. If by that they mean they don't want some photos take that fill up about half the frame and others so tight that the guys ears are cropped off.

I don't get the eyes thing. Sounds like an anal administrator. My eyes are unusually close to my chin, so they'd probably have to chop off my pompadour to line me up with all the high-eyed people.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the t-shirt pic was the altered one.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

McKinney ain't a shithole.

8. This is all George Bush's fault!

9. CNN jumps in.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/05/19/altered.yearbook.photos.wfaa

Draft saved Draft deleted