1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, This'll Work

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 17, 2006.

1. The endorsements of the decade.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/elections/bal-md.steele17oct17,0,6725109.story?track=rss

Only in America.

2. Fubar

Fubar Member

Michael Steele is the guy who was pelted with oreos because he's an african american republican, no? That was pretty classy.

I'm assuming this is the GOP's attempt to show that there are, in fact, republicans who are african americans. Rice and Watts must have been busy... Either that, or those instances went underreported.

Here's an example of the pluses and minuses of being a member of a political party. Yeah, you get their money, but you also have to deal with the garbage that comes with it. Unfortunately, the garbage is more interesting to folks than how a candidate actually stands on various issues.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Don't you have a job, F_B?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, smart guy. He is head chicken-picker-upper at KFC.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The repudiation of tools, continues. What's happening to Blackwell in Ohio is beautiful.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Actually, he wasn't. But the myth is better than the truth. While no one is denying anything about the pretty disgusting tie-in of oreos and his political career since a debate a few years ago, he was never actually hit by any oreos and he's been quoted as saying as much. He's also admitted that some of the so-called "facts" was mere hearsay.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, an ex-con and a charlatan probably aren't the best endorsements in most places. But unfortunately, more people were probably jazzed about Don King showing up than they were about the candidate. And if anyone there was going to vote, I'd bet Don King has as much pull with them as anyone else. If you live in a rundown, black neighborhood, I could see how Don King might actually be as much of a role model as anyone who ever pops into the neighborhood. He probably had a greater impact than if the candidate had shown up with Bill Clinton.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought that was Bounty.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Beats the hell out of selling Lady Kenmores at Sears.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I always thought Michelle Steele was kind of cute...she was certainly the second best looking Bangle.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Bangles actually played (I shit you not) the Elkhart, Indiana County Fair this summer. Saw the review (which was pretty positive -- said the show was short but energetic) in the South Bend Trib while the wife, kids and I were back visiting the folks.

12. The Oreos story is apocryphal.

Draft saved Draft deleted