1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, the Pac-10 is mediocre ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that might be the dumbest post i've ever read on this site. really.

thank you for stopping by and providing the unintentional humor.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not as weak as the Pac-10.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck no. ranked teams playing ranked teams means nothing. you are right. let's do away with games in december and january.

4. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Dumb? Because you're claiming bowl games, the most worthless pieces of crap played in all of sports, mean something, my post is dumb?

Bowls are exhibitions. Except for one, they decide nothing. Period. And even the one that allegedly decides something decides nothing half the time. Not sure what of that you have trouble with.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now there's an intelligent idea.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, shit. helluva point. 4-0.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

1-6 against the Mountain West.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

then fuck, by your standards, we should just do away with the entire season ... only the outcomes of two teams' season schedules matter.

thanks goldeaston. we'll just cancel the 2009 season because it's irrelevant. brilliant stuff.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

1-0 this week against the little 12.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There were no winners in that shitstain of a game.

11. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Petty, not everything has to be personal. But what in the piss does Pitt v. Oregon State determine? Nobody gives a flying boiled scrotum about that game. Nobody. I'm guessing people at OSU and Pitt didn't even care. The game entirely lived up to the lack of hype.

The regular season counts just fine. And if you play yourself into the BCS final, you've accomplished something. Otherwise, you get to play in one of many college versions of the Pro Bowl, where teams are flown to exotic locations (except in a few cases), are catered to and doted on for a week or so, then play a half-assed game for three hours that when all is said and done nobody gives a fuck who wins or loses.

I guaranfuckingtee you nobody on LSU's campus is dancing a jig and chanting "WE WON THE CHICK FIL A BOWL." Because nobody, on LSU's campus or elsewhere, gives a turtle's testicle who won that game.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why play any of the fucking games at all, then, GE? i mean really, a bowl win against no. 18 pitt means less than a regular season victory against washington state or hawaii?

christ.

Draft saved Draft deleted