1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah ... that's the way to get people over to your side

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, alcoholics petitioning to make drunk driving legal would be more the equivalent of gays petitioning to get married.

Gays marrying is illegal. Driving drunk is illegal. Neither is a right.

2. old_tony

In my town they print up t-shirts with all the church festivals and their dates, just like concert tour t-shirts. They call 'em "Drinking for Jesus Tour" t-shirts

3. old_tony

Hey, alcoholics are born with a genetic pre-disposition to alcoholism. Telling them they can't drive is discrimination.

4. old_tony

Sorry, but they're born with the pre-disposition to alcoholism -- just like the gay lobby claims -- and acting on that pre-disposition is a matter of behavior. Just like ...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow, tony. wow.

6. old_tony

I'm just taking your arguments and turning them back. Exactly the same reasoning. Born with it, behavior, let's make it legal.

If you guys are too dense to see that, God help you because you probably are incapable of getting yourselves dressed in the morning.

7. Driving while intoxicated puts people's lives at risk.

Gay marriage hurts nobody.

If you are too dense to see that, blah, blah, blah

8. old_tony

Yeah, well gay sex put a whole lot of people at risk, too. And no one ever wants to mention that.

http://www.avert.org/usastatg.htm

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nobody tells them they can't drink, unless their drinking results in a criminal act.

No one has the right to drive. It's a privilege, must be earned and can be taken away if that privilege is abused.

10. I can't believe we're wasting our time pointing out the stupidity of O-T's latest argument.

I think I'll go back to laughing at him.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I hope a gay drunk driver mows tony down.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah ... that's the way to get people over to your side.

QUOTE SANDWICH

Draft saved Draft deleted