1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YEAH Baby! Austin's back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Austin Powers 4 is on ...
    Loved the first two movies. The third was meh, but I have high hopes for another.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No Love Guru 2?

3. I wonder if the studio made a deal with Myers - he gets to make some project that is close to his heart in exchange for another Austin Powers movie that is guaranteed to make money on a worldwide release no matter how bad.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the only thing he could get green lit easily at this point. His IMDB results aren't really pretty - Shrek to the infinity (diminishing returns), Inglorious Basterds (good part, but small role), Love Guru (complete bomb), Cat in the Hat (moderate hit, but G-rated and from 2003). Surprised until I looked it up, but that's it for his career from 2003 to 2011.

I think Austin 4 could work pretty well though. At times, the third one was a bit too cute and self-referential; it made the mistake of the ____ Movie movies in assuming that the audience would just get continual references to the past films and other films. If they have an original script, I think it could work, and I'm guessing Myers will bring his A-game because he needs this to re-establish himself.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Still waiting for "So I Married An Axe Murderer II: Who Killed Nancy Travis' Career?"

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's his bag, bay-bee!

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a screen adaptation to Austin's book: "Swedish-made Penis Enlargers And Me: This Sort of Thing Is My Bag Baby".

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the original Austin Powers, actually loved the second one, the third one was terrible.

What makes anyone think this is going to work? There's only so much lampooning you can do from those 60s Bond movies and he's done most of it.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ouch!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was a great movie. Hello!!!!

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Looking at Beyonce for 90 minutes was the only enjoyable part of seeing the third installment.

Draft saved Draft deleted