1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yay, we've found another Millennial to troll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 7, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This guy meets all the criteria: He's written for Rolling Stone, he regularly uses the word "blows," and he has his own hashtag. And for added credit, said hashtag is #FULLCOMMUNISM!

Plus, he's been taken down a few notches by MSM.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/commentary/la-oe-goldberg-leftwing-youth-culture-20140107,0,3582630.column#axzz2piQJjT2e

His manifesto:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/five-economic-reforms-millennials-should-be-fighting-for-20140103%20

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A top candidate for Ezra Klein's job when he leaves the Post.

Or maybe Rachel Maddow will put him on in prime time on MSNBC.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Unemployment blows. The easiest and most direct solution is for the government to guarantee that everyone who wants to contribute productively to society is able to earn a decent living in the public sector."

"Because as much as unemployment blows, so do jobs. What if people didn't have to work to survive? Enter the jaw-droppingly simple idea of a universal basic income, in which the government would just add a sum sufficient for subsistence to everyone's bank account every month."

Geez, why didn't we think of that?

4. MisterCreosote

Bonus: In case you didn't know, "ownership" is as simple as saying, "This is mine!"

"ver noticed how much landlords blow? They don't really do anything to earn their money. They just claim ownership of buildings and charge people who actually work for a living the majority of our incomes for the privilege of staying in boxes that these owners often didn't build and rarely if ever improve."

5. YankeeFan

I'm all for this one if I can stay where I live now:

He has the same disdain for landlords, who "don't really do anything to earn their money." Which is why, Myerson writes, we need communal ownership of land, or something.

Of course the guy who owns my building -- a union electrician, no less -- spent 17 years rebuilding an abandoned building. Did most of the work himself, on nights and weekends.

But, fuck him.

6. MisterCreosote

Eh, just tell him you own the building now. Easy, peasy.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Jonah Goldberg penning that op-ed is the height of something something.

If only the Rolling Stone writer could follow the Goldbergian prosperity plan of being bankrolled by his mother.

8. YankeeFan

Love the #FULLCOMMUNISM hashtag, btw.

Liberals always think the problem is that their ideas weren't fully implemented; their programs didn't go far enough.

Communism has only failed everywhere it has been tried, because it wasn't pure enough.

The stimulus just wasn't big enough.

The was on poverty was underfunded.

The reforms in ObamaCare aren't big enough.

9. YankeeFan

Odd that no one has ever mentioned that before either.

10. MisterCreosote

Goldberg being Goldberg doesn't change the fact that Myerson is a naive, condescending jerkoff whose "column" should've never seen the light of day.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Was not was on poverty

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Government dinosaur-walking jobs? Sounds like a plan to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted