1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yates High School streak of 100-point games ends, but not its classlessness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6827488.html

If I'm coaching againt this team from here on out, I tell my guys to go Lambier and Mahorn on their asses. This is total BS.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Re: Yates High School streak of 100-point games ends, but not classy

They scored too many points, so it's okay to try to hurt them.

Nice moral structure.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They fouled intentionally to try and score 100 points. Don't lecture me about moral structure.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Good lord, how many threads are we gonna have with this one team?

5. RickStain

Do you have some sort of reason to think the fouls were dangerous?

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Agreed. What a jackass coach. Nice to see someone frustrate their plans for a change.

7. fishhack2009

What does that matter?

8. RickStain

Because unless I misinterpreted what was said, there was advocation of escalating from unsportsmanlike conduct to actively trying to physically hurt them.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Poor babies. Sorry to offend your sensibilities, but if it was my team, for every intentional foul they made to get the ball back and try to rub in my guys' faces, they'd get it back double. There's a time when this kind of bullying needs to stop.

10. fishhack2009

The refs could start by calling intentional fouls. They've got that discretion. That would give Yates opponents free throws AND the ball back.

I don't want to advocate violence. I think something else needs to be done to send a message here. Maybe teams refusing to play these guys. Or a coach pulling his team off the floor and forfeiting the rest of the game with Yates up 98-whatever.

Either way, karma's a bitch, she's got game, and she's coming for these guys. Soon.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding ding.

Double ding ding ding ding. If these guys have such an awful inherently unfair advantage, quit playing 'em.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

can't refuse to play them

Draft saved Draft deleted