1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Ticket License?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Such as StubHub.com, the in-house scalping agency for most NBA, NHL and MLB franchises, kicking the revenue for sold-out games back to the teams.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

PSLs exist in taxpayer funded stadium, like Pitssburgh and Baltimore. Why is it so bad if the Yankees are doing it, especially if the majority of the funding is coming from Yankee ownership?

Check out the PSLs on eBay, $20K for s PSLs for the Steelers, tickets not included

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, the new Yankee Stadium will look an awful lot like the current Yankee Stadium, with a new facade (that actually is an homage to the look of the original stadium) around the outside of the building and more luxury seating inside. From everything I've seen, it really doesn't look much like Comerica at all (I'll keep my judgement to only Comerica, since it's the only one of the stadiums you mentioned that I've been to.)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Will the HOK design incorporate the same wonderful features as Comerica Park, like poorly slanted seats and a scoreboard obscured by the seats down the line in left?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looks a hell of a lot like Yankee Stadium to me. I haven't noticed any steamship stacks, a hill in center field, an old warehouse in right, a flagpole obscuring third base or a man-eating tiger pit in front of the mound.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Because they are on their way to sticking it to season ticket holders who have supported team forever - even when they were not getting 4 million fans.

Up until now there was never any reference to a "license" when it came to buying Yankee season tickets.

The Yankees are slipping this verbage in now so it will make it easier to make PSL a requirement at new stadium. They are "conditioning" us.

When seats go on sale for New Stadium and each seat comes with a $100,000 PSL the license idea will have already been established .

There are long time fans who are going to fight the idea legally and they can make a pretty good argument.

The Yankees are trying to pull a fast one and no one has called them on it -- yet. There is a great story here for someone.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Boom, what possible legal argument could one make against PSLs?

The only thing that surprises me is that the Yankees don't already have it in place.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That'll be sweet, the year after they go 82-80 and miss the playoffs by ten games.

Can't wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted