1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Stig lives on, but sans Adam Carolla...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 17, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...Top Gear-heads must take the good news with the bad (assuming you think, like I do, Carolla would make a great Americanized Jeremy Clarkson).

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1042614_top-gear-usa-to-live-on-at-history-channel

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Doesn't sound like anything's been decided about Carolla being or not being on the show. From what I've read elsewhere it sounds like they're leaning toward keeping Carolla (which I agree with you would be a good move) and bringing in two other new hosts.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm in. As is my American cousin, Big Stig.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Carolla filmed a pilot of it and it was never picked up.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

He did, for NBC. History Channel is now taking a go.

6. Mizzougrad96

He has a pilot for a sitcom on NBC that's supposed to be on this fall.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

He was joking (at least I think he was joking) on a recent podcast about how it could be on at 10 p.m. pretty soon.

He had a CBS pilot last year that didn't get picked up.

8. Mizzougrad96

I've always been a huge Carolla fan. From Loveline to the Man Show to the Hammer to his podcast, he always seems to do pretty well.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Agreed. Though I stopped listening to the CarCast, despite being a big-time car guy. A lot of what they covered didn't interest me, and what did interest me they didn't seem to know much about.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Count me among the underwhelmed by the casting for the Carolla-less Top Gear:

http://jalopnik.com/5521026/top-gear-usa-version-30-coming-to-history-channel

Draft saved Draft deleted