1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Season Ticket Holders Come On Down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To see the Yankees play in their final season in The Stadium, more people than ever will probably flood the gates. Why not capitalize? It's a great business move, for those of us capitalist-driven business folk. You know, so long as the fans' concern isn't your first priority.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Price the live gate out of reach, and play postseason games at 2 AM.

Way to develop that long-term fan base.

Oh, yeah . . . screw the long-term.

How could I have forgotten?

If Bowie Kuhn had died of exposure in one of those stupid, sub-freezing night games, perhaps we might be spared, today.

Hope it snows buckets in Colorado for two weeks.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

S-t-o-p.. .the Ilitch family screw the fans?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

1995 4 seats in field box $25 each ( $100)

2008 $250 ea $1000 total per game.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And it's an All-Star year for the Stadium.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And yet baseball sets record attendance numbers every year.

It's simple. There's demand for the tickets. That causes prices to go up.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For the Yanks -- for at least the next two seasons -- absolutely.

But for many other teams, it's a giant game of chicken -- with their fans, and with the broad economy. Keep nudging, and watch the clucks exhaust themselves, trying to catch up.

For fans of some teams, there's actually a backwater benefit.

For dead-weight operations like the Orioles, the overhang of ticket supply affords some considerable late-season bargains for those with patience and an understanding of the inevitable.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

decisions, decisions.... 2 Springsteen concerts or one Yankee game in field box seats by myself.

9. Yeah, I figure the "carry over" to the new ballpark wil last about eight months.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Makes sense to me. Steinbrenner the old man always had a passion for the blue-collar guy in New York who lived and died with Yankee success. Now the kids who inherit the kingdom take the attitude that Sam Walton's kids did. Fuck this, in other words, we're entitled to wealth beyond our dreams or needs! And who gives a fuck about the blue-collar guy who won't afford the new prices. Tell him to sell one of his kids if he wants to go to a game.

There will be reason, and ample material, for a new ESPN movie on the Steinbrenner/Yankee relationship within 3 years.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I wonder how many people will buy them now that most of the face of the Yankees is gone.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It doesn't matter. It didn't matter to Walton's kids....just grab the cash and run.

Draft saved Draft deleted