1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Sports page

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 1, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What the hell? I go to Yahoo! Sports today and see something eerily similar to the WWL's website. What gives? I want my old Yahoo! Sports site back.

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Eerily similar doesn't even begin to describe. Yikes.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

First they messed up Yahoo! TV listings, now they mess up Yahoo! Sports :(

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The one thing I don't like is the overuse of black. That, and they fucked with the TV listings. That thing used to be gold for me.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Two website overhauls this week.

Sports Illustrated: Thumbs up.

Yahoo: Thumbs down.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I hope they don't fuck with the live box scores. Easy to navigate and it lacks bells and whistles so the shit actually loads.

In the race to be the most dazzling, many of these web sites forget that people don't buy new computers every 3 months to keep up with the technology (cough cough ESPN cough)

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

yahoo used to be great b/c it was no-frills--quick loading, easy to navigate, great for treo/blackberry type things. now it sucks.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Ditto.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I hate the new TV listings and the new Sports is way too busy. I loved how clean and simple the old one was, which is part of the reason it was my homepage.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I think it looks great. I was wondering when they were going to do something. Their old pages looked like they were web sites from the 1940s.

11. eyecu

eyecu Member

God.

The reason I liked the thing in the first place was that it was simple. There were no "big pictures" or friggin bells and whistles.

Just keep the thing simple. This thing is awful.

12. statrat

statrat Member

Ah the good ole' fashioned websites from the 1940's. I remember when the live game blog and streaming statistics from the New York Giants vs. Brooklyn Dodgers football game was interupted by the breaking news bulletin of Pearl Harbor being bombed.

Draft saved Draft deleted