1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo Cuts A Comin'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BuckeyeGA, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was Bob Margolis the guy who wrote about his cancer battle last year?

You stay classy, Yahoo.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

When people are losing their jobs because of economics and management fiat or whim, it's kind of rough to classify which ones are big losses and which ones might not be big losses, don't you think? Helluva time to kick someone, when he's down through no fault of his own. It's not like anyone here asked a pit crew chief about his daughter's choice of husbands.

3. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

I agree with SportsGuy, and what is the "From the Marbles" crap....now Yahoo's blogger added he will be writing 4 stories a day (you mean rewriting PR releases) and these blogs are more like chat lines if you read the comments. Most don't pertain to the story....which is a total joke. This stuff makes Fanhouse look like Pulitzer material.

He couldn't hold Bonkowski's or Margolis's jock, but because he comes cheap probably, he's now the new "star"? What a f-ing joke. Yahoo should be ashamed and embarrassed for letting those two guys go. I bet a lot of people that came to Yahoo for NASCAR news are going to go elsewhere. Why go to a place that gives you the same exact stuff its main competitor gives. Makes no sense at all. Yahoo basically gave up on NASCAR, and is making NASCAR.com more popular and richer. Stupid, stupid business move.

And what I really love is Busbee's "coup" to get Jenna Fryer on a Q & A on on his blog. Is she Yahoo's new guest columnist? How original....I thought AP is supposed to report the news, not make the news. Everyone picks her stuff up anyway because there's no other place to choose from so everyone is stuck having to go along with the same old kool-aid.

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Yes ...

Draft saved Draft deleted