1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Files: I Want to Believe it's not going to suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The people I know who saw it liked it, but there was so little hype surrounding this one. I know Anderson and Duchovny did all the talk shows last week, but I didn't even know this was coming out until about May and I read most of the Entertainment magazines.

I agree about bad timing. This would have been better suited to late August or early September.

2. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

I saw it today and did not think it stunk. Not their best work, but not their worst, by far. Wish there had been more of their usual humor, and I didn't quite follow all the relationship mumbo jumbo.Lord, Gillian Anderson's hair looked horrible until the last scene with Duchovny.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I saw it last week. It was OK. Interesting theme with the draconian surgery they end up ruining compared with Scully's futuristic stem-cell (or whatever kind it was) to save the boy. Both surgeons were trying to save people they loved by totally unorthodox procedures.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Loved the series.

For me, the two-parter, "Closure," would have/could have been the best way to end the series.

Will wait for PPV to check out the latest movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted