1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Files: I Want to Believe it's not going to suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Jul 21, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Rapture (1991), with Mimi Rogers. Definitely did not suck.

2. Gillian Anderson is so totally sexy, it's not even up for debate. Have you ever seen her interviewed? A total goofball! She must be a blast to party with, plus she satisfies my internal weakness for redheads (yes I know she's not a natural). I will see it, well half of it any way, Duchovny annoys me.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Saw it this morning. Holy cow, it stunk. Words fail me. Awful ... just awful.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It bombed something awful... $10.2 million for an opening weekend probably makes this the biggest bomb of the summer...

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But that doubled Eddie Murphy's garbage.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My review, and this from someone who would hang up on people who called me during the X-Files back in the day:

Meh.

7. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Probably shouldn't have released it a week after The Dark Knight.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was an X-Files fan for the first few years of the show. I didn't even know this movie was coming out this month until I saw this thread.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Probably should have released a movie that didn't suck.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It didn't suck. It wasn't great. It was just there. Ten years later, this is the best they could come up with? It was just a longer episode of the television show with a chance for DD and GA to swear.

11. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Haven't seen it yet. Whether it sucked or not, they should have released this at a different time.

12. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Call me a stickler, but -- and this may just be me -- I kinda thought an X-Files movie might, maybe, have some aliens in it somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted