1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wynalda tell hime Rome to suck his ****!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Slydell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

MAN LAW!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Course I'm not a man and therefore not subject to man laws.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

BLAST! How did we not think of that?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's your damage, sc?

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Superman was kinda bored so he just started flying around looking for something to do. He's flying over Wonder Woman's house and sees her bedroom window is open. He stops for a glimpse and sees her lying on her bed naked. She's lying there and squirming around looking real hot.

Superman was getting turned on looking at her so he decides what the hell, I can just fly in real quick, give her the ole' in-out and be out of there before she even knows what hit her. After all he is Superman. So, in he goes, wham-bam and he's out of there.

Wonder Woman knew something happened and says, "What was that?" The invisible man says, "I don't know but, damn, is my ass sore."

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Maybe, but not exactly. There are some 500 channels on television each night for those that buy all of them. And every single day you will find more soccer on television than any other sport.

Just look around the channels. Find RAI, Telemundo, Telefutura, ESPNDeportes, ESPNClassic, GolTV, Fox Soccer Channel.

Also, it isn't just the Hispanic audience. There is a reason ESPN2 is showing EUFA Cup games and Champions League games. There is also a reason that they are paying for the rights to show MLS games, and that was a contract signed even before Beckham arrived.

FSC is a pay channel that gets great ratings. It has been around for a while now.

And you can't say that the US doesn't care when a Spanish channel broadcast on cable is getting better ratings than the NHL and NBA! The last time I checked people that speak Spanish can be citizens and are residents.

Now you are in a nowhere zone since nobody is arguing that soccer is the most popular sport.

7. sportschick

I am watching soccer right now. Just thought I'd share.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And ManU is looking twitchy against Roma right now.

9. sportschick

That's the one I'm watching. I need a bigger TV though. These super wide shots do not translate on mine.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

F_B --

You're smarter than that. Klosterman is talking about -- and I don't have the essay at hand -- youth soccer in the United States. The argument is that since the average kid's parents didn't play soccer, they really have no frame of reference. And since no one is expected to score too much, a kid can play an entire youth season without really doing anything. All of which is true.

He compares this to baseball, where a kid has to hit in front of everyone, more than likely does not get a hit, and has his dad giving him swing pointers the whole ride home.

I like soccer, but I thought that Klosterman essay was brilliant.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well, the discussion was whether soccer, specifically the MLS, can be more popular if it's promoted right. I'm saying no matter how it's promoted it's never going to be that popular in the U.S.

FSC and those other channels are fine and have an audience. But it's not like it's ever going to be big in the U.S.

And personally, I thnk it's a very boring sport. Even the world cup doesn't do anything for me, sorry. I dread covering it, although it beats tennis, and it's always a great day when it's over.

Of course I love track and love covering it, and it isn't all that popular with the maintream excpet when the Olympics come around.

And the point of the post is just how funny it was, or at east how funny I thought it was, how Wynalda reacted to Rome.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SC, once you've watched it on an HD bigscreen, you'll never go back.

Edit: And off goes Scholes with a second yellow.

Draft saved Draft deleted