1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWUDIYRR?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Dec 3, 2006.

1. footballworld

footballworld Member

What would you do if you're Rich Rodriguez?

Go to Miami?

Go to Alabama?

Stay at the place you went to college, West Virginia?

I'd say, stay @WVA

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Shouldn't it be "WWYDIYWRR?"

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Neither Lionel Caffey nor Sam Weinberg is lead counsel in United States vs. Dawson and Downey.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Soap hurts when it gets in your eyes.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

West Virginia is on par with (if not better than) Miami and Alabama.

Rich should stay.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just settle on a fucking acronym, this is making me cross-eyed.

Oh, and I'd stay at WVU. But since he's a football coach, he'll probably feed the ego and the bank account and go to Alabama or Miami.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Question: How big a raise did Rodriguez get with his recent extension?

I'm not sure Miami breaks the bank considering the Canes are still paying Coker. Alabama is different, but I'm not sure if it's a good fit for Rodriguez. I'm not sure if he'd want to take the money now, only to get run in three or four years.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Becase we all know your average person, which includes journalists, would never leave one job for another that pays twice as much. ::)

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd like to think that if I was kicking all sorts of ass at my job--and that I was making more than enough money to secure my family now and in the future--I'd stay at my current gig instead of taking a lot more money for a lot more headaches and a lot less security.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

It's one thing toturn down a 10-20 percent raise. But in the nieghborhood of a 100 percent raise?

I can tell you if I was offered twice the salary tomorrow, I'd take it in a second. I don't need that much money, but there are people in my life who could use it, so I'd just spread the wealth around. But that's just me. Of course, the next time I get offered a 100-percent raise will be the first.

And for the record, I think RR should stay. The expectations at Bama are impssible, and the culture at the U doesnt bode well for long-term success.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bama.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

WVU: Win eight to 10 games each year, never finish lower than third in the Big East and be considered a hero -- and never get run.

Alabama: Win eight to 10 games each year, always finish third in the SEC West and be considered a bum -- and get run after three years.

Which one would you take?

Draft saved Draft deleted