1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWE beat writers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Jun 12, 2007.

1. housejd

housejd Member

Do they exist? I've heard they do? If they do, where are they? Just a curious question.

2. Most of them operate out of Stamford, Conn., although there's also a bureau in Parts Unknown.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hehehehehehe, WWE isn't a sport, so this is probably the wrong board to be asking that.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Alex Marvez (Longtime NFL writer) used to write a syndicated wrestling column...

I think it's only a matter of time before papers are going to have to give UFC serious coverage.

The difference of course is that wrestling coverage should go in the entertainment section while the UFC stuff should be in sports...

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Alex Marvez still writes that column. He gives UFC/MMA/what-have-you pretty decent coverage within said column.

6. This is a joke, right?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Check out wwe.com today and you'll see that the events of Monday's Raw show will actually be reported on in at least one newspaper.

here's the link: http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/20070612_12wwe_breaking.html

8. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

My contention is UFC will continue to grow until some fighter steps forward and says he threw a match. It's inevitable. It's going to happen one day.

That's when the gravy train Dana White is riding will crash like a crack addict who has used up his junk.

9. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

They're in their parents' basements.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There are guys who write wrestling columns, BLOGS! and the like. Dave Meltzer is one who has a pretty good reputation for reporting on the behind the scenes stuff. Contract signings, comings and goings, upcoming feuds and storylines, things like that. I'd imagine the reporting style would be similar to covering the entertainment industry.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It would look a lot like this.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The Charleston (SC) Post and Courier has a guy who does a WWE/wrestling column for them every Sunday, and I've also seen WWE coverage in the Chicago Sun-Times from a writer who has to be using a pen name: Blackjack Brown.

Draft saved Draft deleted