1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF you talkin about, Hillis? - NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

If you brought him in for just fade passes inside the 10 yard line, he'd be unstoppable.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hey! Rex Grossman sucks!

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So does Vince Young.
    Any other Eagles fans getting a sick feeling in the pit of their stomach right now? How much of that $100 million for Michael Vick is guaranteed, again?

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Is Beck going to make an appearance? Oh, interception as I typed that. My guess is, yes.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Less than you'd think.

http://deadspin.com/5836157/michael-vicks-100-million-contract-is-a-lie

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Couple of weird plays in this Niners-Lions game.
    On the Lions' first touchdown, Brandon Pettigrew juggled the ball. Harbaugh challenged, but since it was a scoring play he couldn't challenge. Instead he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for "challenging an unchallengeable play."
    Then, just now, Michael Crabtree caught a ball along the sideline. He got the left foot in, hopped and got the left one in again, but never the right. No catch, because you have to have both the left and right in bounds, not the same one twice. Don't think I've ever seen that before, and it cost the Niners a TD (Crabtree would've scored on the play).

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm stuck watching Eagles/Redskins instead of 49ers/Lions.... bummer.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I understandthe latter, but don't understand why the flag for the first.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Believe in the Red Rifle. Bengals about to go up to 4-2. I'm not sure they're really "good" by any sense of the word. But they're better than some of the horrible teams.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

HERE'S how you Suck 4 Luck. Bengals are blowing 20-7 lead, miss a FG, Colts get ball around 35 with 2:20 left. No timeouts, but plenty of time. Painter throws short to Pierre Garcon who, as he's going down, tries to FUCKING LATERAL THE BALL TO A LINEMAN. Cincy picks up ball, runs for TD, 27-17. I know the Colts have no timeouts, but they've got the two-minute warning, and they only have to get a field goal.

That, my friends, is the kind of dumbshit football that puts you in position for Andrew Luck.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pierre Garcon must be a big Ronnie Brown fan.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Apparently it's a new rule put in since they instituted the "every scoring play is reviewed" edict. Seems silly, and even a little harsh. Seems like if it's going to be a penalty, it should be delay of game and not a 15-yarder.

Draft saved Draft deleted