1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF??? Michigan an 8-point favorite?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What's Oregon on the road against the spread in the past few years?

Not good, I know that...

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm also in a spread pool. I'll lay the double digits with LSU; VaTech has a tough assignment in coming off that home emotional game and going to Baton Rouge for a Saturday night.

Leaning toward taking TCU and the points though...any opinions out there on that one?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Tech has a tough assignment because of Glennon is terrible.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Tech at +12 seems a bit wide, if only because their defense should keep them from getting spanked too often. I could see 21-10, something like that. Not enough to bet Tech to cover, but not enough to jump on LSU. If I had to take one, I'd take Tech.

My gut says Texas rolls, and I have a pretty damn fat gut.

5. why doesn't anybody understand this?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The same reason that people don't understand that no poker hand is inherently better than any other poker hand.

7. Frylock

Frylock Member

The problem with the Ducks is their defense can't stop anyone. If Houston doesn't turn the ball over, the game's a lot closer than 48-27, and it was close for most of the game anyway.
    Allen Alridge shredded Oregon. What do you think Hart is going to do?
    Having said all that, Michigan is going to have a tough time stopping Oregon as well. This could be a pretty high-scoring one.

Draft saved Draft deleted