1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is up with Coke Zero?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jun 9, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Okay, I'm going to answer this once, and then I expect you to share it with Aunt Maybelle and Uncle Charlie and everyone else who is wrong.

The actual term is soda pop. So pop is the noun, and, therefore, is more appropriate.

Having said that, I prefer to call it soda, which sounds more metropolitan.

I went to a restaurant in the south and ordered a Coke one day and was informed that they only had Pepsi. So the lady brought it to me and, after I drank most of it, she returned to ask if I wanted "more Coke."

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just got my first Coke Zero..and I must say this is damn good.

3. Craig_Lancaster

Craig_Lancaster New Member

Don't have an answer for the fizziness, but the reason Coke Zero tastes so close to the real thing is that it's based on the same formula as the original, sweetened with aspartame and some fancy-schmancy potassium compound.

It truly is a vast improvement over the standard diet colas, which are bogged down in essential oils to cover up the chemical taste of the sweeteners. I say that as a consumer, not as someone who has gone to work for the Coca-Cola Co.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I want to go on record as saying that "Coke Blak" is terribly bad. Tried it once. Ick.

5. Dynasty99

Dynasty99 Member

I don't know why, but I saw The Weatherman, and all they did in that movie was deppress the audience, and say pop. God damnit its soda. C'mon Nicolas Cage, no one likes you to begin with but don't gain more enemies with this pop shit.

6. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

I purposely bought Coke zero for the first time because of this thread. I wasn't impressed...until I took it outside and let it sit uncapped on the 100-degree driveway pavement! It practically blew up after about 2 minutes. My wife was pissed that I got soda all over the driveway, but it was worth it. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted