1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF did Madden just say?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Something like ...
    "Losing is a terrible, terrible feeling. You just don't like it. And winning doesn't equate."

Huh?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wasn't nearly as bad as when he was talking about a sandwich and said something to the effect of, "It was hard to wrap my mouth around." Think Al Michaels was standing there with his hand over the mic trying not to laugh?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Thankfully, I missed that ...

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

He was trying to say that an NFL coach is much more down when he loses than he's happy when he wins, if you wanted to grade it on a sliding scale.

He still didn't express it very well, nor did I just now, come to think of it.

But this is what really bothers me about Madden--does he have to say every first name and last name of every player every time he mentions them? Even last night--if he's talking about a TD pass to Dallas Clark, I doubt he's talking about Eli Manning.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I find myself saying huh? quite often when Madden is speaking, that or no shit sherlock. He's either over obvious or on another planet. No in between for him

6. Flash

Flash Guest

He's losing it a lot quicker than Grapes did ...

7. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

He's broadcasting to the casual fan, to the regular sports guy (and gal), not to people who spend 25 hours a day in sports.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

That doesn't wash ... if he doesn't make any sense to us far more intelligent beings, how are the common folk going to understand?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

While I'm not enamoured with Michaels/Madden and their recitation of the obvious, they are still better than Tirico?Theismann/Kornheiser and their recitation of the inane.

Draft saved Draft deleted