1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF: David Spade's Direct TV commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 22, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Isn't she the one that would come on Stern's show with her mom?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep, that's the one.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Well, this thread certainly took an unexpected, yet entertaining turn.

Continue.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jillian Grace is one of the hottest playmates ever. Shortly after she appeared on Stern (this is probably 6-7 years ago) and Artie Lange said, "How long til she's banging David Spade?"

It should also be noted that Spade supports several members of Farley's family and has done so since Farley died. I think Kevin Farley may even live with Spade or in one of Spade's homes.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Haven't seen the commercial yet and can't find it on YouTube. But I know I will see 400 Direct TV commercials on Sunday during football.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

"One of these things is not like the other, not like the other, not like the other........"

7. Says the guy railing on misogynists elsewhere on the boards. ;D

8. Mizzougrad96

Right, because this is similar... :)

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I found that commercial really in bad taste. Even if the Farley family is getting money from it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Does anyone have a link? I can't find it anywhere and I figured I should probably see the commercial before I defend Spade. ;D

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That makes sense, then. And I'm sure Farley wouldn't object... but having seen the commerical a few times without knowing he takes care of Farley's family ... I'm afraid the public isn't going to understand.

12. Mizzougrad96

I still can't find the video.

I doubt this was a money grub. The guy has one of the best sitcom gigs going (a small supporting part where he's paid significantly more than the leads) and has two shows (three if you count SNL) in syndication.

Draft saved Draft deleted