1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WSJ article on women bosses/women employees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Mar 4, 2013.

1. printit

printit Member

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424127887323884304578328271526080496.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsFifth

Interesting. Haven't had too many problems with women bosses (of course, I'm a man, so the article really doesn't apply to me). Good read.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Women are just as cut-throat as men? Who knew?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. Women are far worse to other women.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My wife, a woman all her life, has assured me the phenomenon of the meaner-than-a-man female boss is very, very real. Sometimes it's a woman who is over the top to show the male bosses she's not soft, which brings to mind this lyric from "Fuck Tha Police":

But don't let it be a black and a white one
    Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
    Black police showing out for the white cop

One thing not mentioned in this story, and that my wife has seen, is either a jealousy, resentment or just general disagreement regarding the woman boss' family situation compared with the employee's. If there are women who feel like their bosses would be more sympathetic because they are women, there are women bosses who feel like their employees should put a much lower priority on family, as they did to break barriers and get to the top.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bitches, man.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Have had 16 bosses in this business. 5 females. Got along with all the men and 4 of 5 of the women.

A female boss can be miserable for female employees because either the boss wants them to work as hard as she thinks she did or the workers think the boss will cut them slack. This leads to clashing.

Yes, I will write something horribly sexist now. My wife works in an office. 1 boss. 8 employees. All females. Every day is like listening to a recap of The Bachelor.

"Well, I don't like the way she looked at me...."

In college, I was as close to a feminist as could be for a young man. Twenty years of being in the working has pretty much reversed that.

7. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

My wife hates her office because of this phenomenon. All women and three-fourths talk behind her back. She's office manager and she gets it from all ends. She says it is so hard not to get pulled into it, but she definitely knows who to trust and who not to trust.

Men? Give them a beer and they're happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted