1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer, Jim Rome Show, Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is still funny.

2. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

What qualifies as a rant? And why is this job posting in all caps?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Grrreat! Bang your monkey!

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Clones, have a take or you WILL get run.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I must say, for a guy who used to rip on people for "reading their takes," I can't believe he needs a writer. I get jotting down some notes and such, but as self-loathing as most radio people are, I can't imagine how self-loathing you'd have to be to write jokes and material for a radio host.

6. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

McNuggets gets the job.

AND I!!! AM!!! OUT!!!

7. llcharlie

llcharlie Member

Too bad Everett didn't finish what he started.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

This is a good one, too

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The problem is that Jim is no longer the guy he was when he became a success. He's a married father with plenty of money and a daily TV and radio show. He gets access to all the biggest names in sports. It's quite a long way from the "Chris" Everett days. When you're no longer authentically the snide punk that you were when you were on your way up, you need someone to do the work for you.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I'm listening to the local pre-game show (four hours) of the local college football team and who comes on the air but Travis Rodgers, Rome's former producer, giving his college football "takes." Now I don't know what the hell went on, but a guy who is a 15-year producer of one of the most listened to sports talk shows and an cable tv show doesn't just bail to start his own website and podcast. Thing I don't get is what could a radio producer do to prompt his exit like that? Did he sue for a piece of the show?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All you've got to do is be on time, have a good attitude and don't come to work in a Halloween costume.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I knew calling my column Pimp In The Box would pay off someday.

Late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.