1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Write About Pro Teams for Yahoo! Sports

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by YCNsports, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kkoczwara

kkoczwara Member

I'm guessing the going rate is why no one reads that section of Yahoo and why it tries to hide the content created there.

2. BravesFan10

BravesFan10 New Member

I'm already a Yahoo! Contributor and have been for over a year. What else do I need to do to apply for this job? I'm extremely interested.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He's correcting the grammar in the original post.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new reality.

There are other freelance sites where you can make much more than this. Pass. :)

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

No shit? Damn, what was I thinking?

Oh, yeah, that I should have written it in blue.

I must be Joe King.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

LMAO. Literally LOL. Awesome.

7. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

This sounds like something along the lines of those blogs Yaywho? runs. Once again, shaking my head, the notice uses that word I can't stand (expert), and it wants passionate, intimate, prolific, excellent, unique and engaging. And for being all that, you'll bring down a buck per 1,000 views.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

You break huge story, gets 50,000 page views from obscure team blog page ... you get $55.

Draft saved Draft deleted