1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrestling redundancy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 14, 2006.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

It could have been worse. They could have given him a Hispanic name and made him wear a yellow jockstrap on his head.

Oh, that's right! They already did that!

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's Aldo Montoya, the Portuguese Man of War to you, my friend!!!

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's your idea of extreme? Hell, search the World Wide Whatever for Kimona Wanalaya's infamous striptease at the ECW Arena. That blonde bimbo's not even in the ballpark.

That struck me as Paulie Dangerously saying, "Here's the cartoon bullshit Vince used to do that led us to form the original ECW, bitches!"

If ECW is done right --- meaning Heyman calls the shots in booking meetings, but somebody else handles the money --- it could be the thing that lights a fire under WWE's "creative team" (meaning: "Stephanie McMahon-Levecque and her circle of hand-picked sycophants"). But if it's more of last night ... snore city.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree that Sandman, Sabu, Dreamer, RVD, Angle and the OVW guys need to be pushed on ECW TV. Cena and Edge and Mysterio are already on t.v. There's no need for them to be on two shows a week. Sandman could be one of the company's biggest stars if they just buy the rights to "Enter Sandman" and let him be him. Fans can see themselves in him: A guy who drinks beer and fights. Sabu is a little different,  because he doesn't speak. He's certainly worth watching; if WWE ever decided to put out a Sabu DVD, it'd sell and he'd be in the main event scene. Guaranteed.  

Corino has said that he wants nothing to do with a WWE-ized ECW. He's happy being a big star in Japan and on the independent circuit. Whipwreck was at ONS II, but I'm not sure there are any plans for him. Also, he has said that he's happy training prospective wrestlers and doesn't want to take many more bumps. Storm runs Storm Wrestling out of Calgary, a well-respected wrestling school. Recently, he worked a ROH show.

I think you're referring to the Dudleys or Shane Douglas or Rhino or Raven. They're in TNA and have been very critical of Vinny Mac.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Confirmed by the editor of Pro Wrestling Torch: http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_17065.shtml

Damn straight.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed his name on here, but where's Nujack these days? He was one bad mutha....

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

New Jack is on the independent wrestling scene. No national company wants anything to do with him because he can't be trusted. Ask Vic Grimes. Ask Eric Kulas. Ask the 70-something wrestler he stabbed 14 times.

2Much: If and when Vince gives Heyman the book, he also has to make sure Stephanie leaves ECW alone.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The key to the health of pro wrestling is to allow wagering. This might also spark interest in some of the boxing matches shown on ESPN Classic.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Two words that will prevent New Jack from EVER working the big-time again: Mass Transit.

Also, you can't really ask Erich Kulas about New Jack - Kulas died a few years back.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

EmbassyRow: You're right. I should have said "Ask Erich Kulas' father."

If you type "Mass Transit" into a YouTube search, you'll find one of the most stomach-turning videos ever.

Last year, New Jack wrestled a 70 year old man in an independent show in Florida. The Notorious 187 was displeased with the man's lack of selling. So, he pulled out a knife and stabbed him 14 times. Afterwards, he said the man had it coming.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm sure Nacho Libre will give wrestling a bump, too.

I hear its a documentary.

Draft saved Draft deleted