1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath of God snow coming to where we normally do not have wrath of God snow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A foot of snow is a lot, even for here, but it starts at night on a Friday, what's the problem? Just don't go outside in a car until it stops.
    I wonder if people actually LIKED snow before the automobile was invented.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I thought they went out of business a few years ago? A couple converted to Ukrop's, the rest either went vacant or were taken over by other cheap grocery places.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, there are a few exceptions. :)

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously. They still haven't mastered the "art" of crossing the street!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The state of Virginia only gets covered when they get more than 3 inches of snow!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Methinks you overstate. And I guess I better check for snow. I got a new coat, so I'm good

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The snow hysteria here is crazy and much to my chagrin, I find myself falling for it. Everything I need to do this weekend is metro-accessible, I have plenty of food and I actually have a lot to do around the house. And yet, I have this feeling of dread about the impending storm. Must be the stupid ominous music they play on the news.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There is nothing that cracks me up more than watching East Coasters react to snow.

That said, if you do get a foot, don't go anywhere. For the love of God, don't go anywhere.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It's called snow. It's winter. That storm went through the midwest and did you hear us caterwauling and complaining about the wrath of God? No, we acted like men (yes, even our women are tough. Big hips and big tits, but tough). We got out the snowblower and went about our day. This is not hellfire and brimstone. This is not God punishing you. It's snow. Toughen up, bitch or your tampon will freeze in your pussy.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But your state might ave things called plows, and a lot of them. And salt, and a lot of it.

Virginia just never prepares for this type of snow.

I would also like your see your state take on 20-30 days of 90+ heat and 60+ humidity. It's all about being prepared.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

You'll never forget that, will you? :)

By the way, I'm not from Toronto. :D

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I...I...I'm sort of shaken.

Draft saved Draft deleted