1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Forget it, he's rolling.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When this makes the TV news clips will you come back and apologize?

3. It won't, and I won't.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nice attempt at muddying the water.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This just in: Lyman's denial-meter has just blown a fuse.

6. It wasn't "muddying" anything. It was right on point. Just not a point you like.

This thread is yet another example of the pervasiveness of Bush Derangement Syndrome among many of this board's precincts. Not because he can do no wrong, because he can; it's because BDS sufferers think he can absolutely never do anything right.

If you all spewed this stuff among the general public, you'd all be candidates for a rubber room.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What has been spewed, Lyman?

Someone posted a link to photos. People looked at and commented on the photos.

in the photos, the German Chancellor has a truly horrified look on her face.

What part of that is a sign of a syndrome?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What was your point? What does bringing up Paula Jones have to do with those humorous photos?

And really, you should have mentioned Juanita Broaddrick instead of Paula Jones.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Is there any way we can tie this jackass to his desk and never, ever let him leave the country again? I hate to say it, but I'd rather we send Dick on these little foreign meet-and-greets.

Been quite a week over there for Fredo. First, the whole chewing-food-cussing thing, then Putin punked him at the presser and now he's feeling up foreign leaders.

Apparently, one of the handlers dropped the ball and forgot to give Fredo the list of shit he shouldn't do. Because I'm pretty sure that No. 1 would've been NO UNNECESSARY TOUCHING OF OTHER LEADERS.  

Ah well, what the hell. At least the rest of the world has gotten a good glimpse of the shit we've dealt with for the past six years.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hard to argue with stupid.
    What's the point?
    You show hard evidence and the source is challenged.
    If you do some clicking, you'll see a video clip. The one that won't make the evening news or, somehow, doesn't exist.
    I'd could come back and say that Lyman has Bush Derangement Syndrome, the one that no matter what Bush does, Bush is always right.
    I'd come back and say how personally stupid that Lyman is. And wonder outloud how a person with an IQ in the teens can function.
    But I won't, I want to keep it classy. So there.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lyman,

If you can find a photo or video of W doing something right, by all means send it along.

We'll wait.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. I'll play devil's advocate here. I looked at it, and on the face of it, it looked kind of creepy. She was definitely surprised. At the least, it's just goofy and not the image I want the POTUS presenting. He has looked like Alfred E. Newman way too many times over the last few days.

But I have no idea what their relationship is or how comfortable they are with each other. The "sexual harrasment" comments are really jumping to conclusions. The surprise could have just been being surprised that someone came up from behind her and touched her neck. Someone you know well might do that, and if it catches you by surprise, you are going to jump and make a face. And at the end of the video clip, there is a hint of a smile from her. The LA Times mention of it said she smiled, too. I'd much rather hear that *she* was creeped out than go by people's speculation here because it looked kind of creepy.

Draft saved Draft deleted