1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, that hurts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

So, I am sure by now everyone has heard Cubs catcher Michael Barrett will miss the rest of the season after a foul tip caused an intrascrotal hematoma -- that is internal bleeding of the nut sack for those of you who don't know.
    Anyhow, the wife of a guy next to me is a physicians assistant (not a secretary, a nurse that is one click away from being a real doctor) and she said that they will basically lance his scroat to drain it and it will then have to heal.
    That said, is this the worst damn injury of all time? Now I dont want to see Napolean Kaufman or Theisman mentioned in this thread, we are talking injuries no man wants to go through. Chances are none of us are going to be sacked by LT, but we could have something hit us in the jewels.
    So, is this the worst ever?

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Worst injury this side of John Wayne Bobbitt.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is this a new thread or D_B?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31415/

4. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Didn't see first thread -- did it die?

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

Several years back, a Cowboys receiver named Macey Brooks was sidelined in camp for ``testicular torsion.'' I don't know what that is, and frankly, I don't want to know.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That's Napoleon McCallumn, not Kaufman. Easy to get confused.

Testicular torsion? I'd guess that means he got his nads twisted six ways to Sunday while being tackled or something. Probably less than a rupture, but just as painful.

:-X

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, they no longer lance the scrotum. They now use leeches. For instance, Ryne Sandberg or any other longtime Cub. They're all great at sucking balls.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, guys, time to cringe.

My ex was born with a deformed urethra. Had several major surgeries by the age of 5, then all was well for about 20 years. Then the reconstructed urethra began to fissure, which made urination incredibly painful.

He had a few scopes and stuff, but then came the big two-part reconstruction.

First, they split his penis lengthwise like a hot dog. They scraped out the bad tissue, then took skin grafts from the insides of his cheeks (pretty big chunks, too) and laid down what would be the new urethra tissue. And they left it open like that to heal (and for the sutures to work their way out) for a few months. Not a pretty sight. It sort of looked forked, like a snake's tongue.

After the graft healed, they went back, stuck a catheter in, and sewed his penis up around the catheter. Had the catheter for about three months, while the sutures fell out, before they finally pulled it.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Two things:

1.) the google ads atop the page now read, in order: Heal Pain, Heel Spurs, Cubs Clock and Cubs Flag. HEEL SPURS?!?!

2.) Cadet's post is the most painful thing I have ever read. I think I just projectile vomited. Holy shit, that made me cringe.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I didn't know it was a contest...but Cadet's ex just won.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Michael Barrett at a bar: "I once took a foul ball into my junk and ruptured my nut sack. Top that."
    Cadet's ex: "Check this out."

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've got pictures...

Draft saved Draft deleted