1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you take a buyout?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micropolitan guy, May 16, 2007.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Definitely.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Nope. That's not nearly enough at my age. Based on that formula, what I'd settle for is about what I could make working another two years and I'd be giving up another potential 15-18 years of income. Triple it and maybe we'll talk.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good for you EE. i hope everything works out well for you. please keep us, or me at least, updated how things work out. i mean that.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I've thought about it, but I've only been at this paper for three years. At 47, six weeks salary wouldn't entice me, but six months would. I'd send the wife back to work, apply for unemployment and become a stay-at-home dad who strings as much as possible.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It'd be three months for me, and that wouldn't be enough, because if it was that easy for me to get another job, I'd already have it. All the professions in which I'm allegedly talented have few openings or much better people than me in the running.

On the other hand, if they're offering, maybe that means in two months they come to me and say "your services are no longer needed; we've taken the liberty of packing your personal effects, so please leave the premises immediately. and thank you for your service to our company." At which point I wish I had the three months of pay.

So I dunno.

Draft saved Draft deleted