1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you publish this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/ap_on_re_us/simpl_wurdz

Push for simpler spelling persists

When "say," "they" and "weigh" rhyme, but "bomb," "comb" and "tomb" don't, wuudn't it maek mor sens to spel wurdz the wae thae sound?

Those in favor of simplified spelling say children would learn faster and illiteracy rates would drop. Opponents say a new system would make spelling even more confusing.

Eether wae, the consept has yet to capcher th publix imajinaeshun.
    Thae sae th bee selebraets th ability of a fue stoodents to master a dificult sistem that stumps meny utherz hoo cuud do just as wel if speling were simpler.
    Americans doen't aulwaez go for whut's eezy — witnes th faeluer of th metric sistem to cach on. But propoenents of simpler speling noet that a smatering of aulterd spelingz hav maed th leep into evrydae ues.
    Th [censored]catry's larjest teecherz uennyon, wuns a suporter, aulso objects.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm still bracing for the U.S.'s switch to the metric system.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

D_B.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/28985/

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have been using this spelling system for a while now. As a youth my parents signed me up for an experimental program. Once you learn it problem is readjusting to traditional way of spelling.

Sometimes on my posts here you may notice those transition problems.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted