1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you eat this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Nov 11, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Steamed veggies are always preferable to boiled ones.

I'm becoming a huge fan of roasted vegetables: carrots, turnip, beets, squash are some of my favs. Roasted broccoli with a little lemon juice would be great.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Roasted veggies rock the house. I just dump a bunch of them on a cookie sheet, coat with a tiny bit of olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper on and it works for eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, beans, brussel sprouts, almost anything you have. Turn the oven on 400, set it and forget it. Amazing.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's a tip I picked up.

Preheat the cookie sheet so when you drop on the veggies, they start cooking immediately.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Cheetos and vile weeds? Surely, I'll try it.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Here's one we've become fond of. Cut up your vegetables in a skillet, toss in a little olive oil and sautee them until they start to caramelize.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Excellent thought. Thanks! That way you can have them even faster!

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

No, that actually looks worse than regular broccoli.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll take the Cheetos, forget the god-awful broccoli

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do any of you have the Pampered Chef stones?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

back in the day i'd mix a few handfuls of cheese puffs in my mashed potatos. good stuff.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Have one of them, and love it. Though usually use it for biscuits or rolls 90% of the time.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love my Pampered Chef stone. I use it for just about anything, because you don't have to worry about flipping stuff over halfway through.

and re: the question in the thread title....no, not in a fancy restaurant if someone brought their screeching kid. [/crossthread]

Draft saved Draft deleted