1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you buy a car with (repaired) hail damage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 28, 2008.

1. if the damage from the hail is the only thing wrong with it, i would buy it. not only are you getting three grand off, this guy is going to fix the damage. if you don't get this car, you may regret it.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would buy it if it ran at 30 MPG or higher.

It's not an SUV, right?

Dealerships where I live now cannot give SUVs away.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

No. Not an SUV.

The dealership is about two hours from where I live now. It's much, much closer to my hometown. I'm going to see the car tomorrow. Give it a good once over. If I like the repair work, I'll jump all over it.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pete,

Not sure what kind of car or bottom line you are talking about, but $3,000 off the sticker price (if that is what you are talking about) isn't exactly a bargain basement deal these days.

5. Pete Incaviglia

I just got word on this: It's NOT a "branded vehicle" (his words) because there will be no paint required to fix the vehicle.

I WILL get the original warranty which covers inside and out, bumper to bumper, including the paint job.

I am about this close to saying "yes" to this car.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Buy it.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dude, I hope you're at the dealership right now signing the paperwork because this sounds like a no-brainer.

8. Pete Incaviglia

I was googling the city and the storm that hit. It said people are flocking to the city for "deals on brand new cars." So, I'm going to say yes on this deal.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The only thing that could be stopping you is looking around at deals at numerous dealerships. You're looking at a good deal - no doubting that - but given the economy, the competition is probably offering all sorts of deals complete with sweetheart rebates and kickbacks just to get the vehicles off the lot.

If you're not set on one specific make and model, look around and see if someone is doing even better.

Draft saved Draft deleted